Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Just Lovin' June



There was so much goodness in June, besides Daniel and Nicole returning home, Father's Day, Birthdays, and the end of school fun. There's even a spectacular "Bethlehem's Star" repeat happening tonight outside, but of course my little phone camera is incapable of doing it any sort of justice.  So I sat outside in the dark and gazed at something very bright just over the orchard.  Not sure if that was it or not, but I was impressed.  The moon was also exceedingly bright and beautiful in the still warm night sky as I took the puppies out for their bedtime routine.  

Taking pictures and making this journal reminds me on a regular basis how very much good God allows me to partake in.  It also helps me to remember as I look back at how rich and amazing my life really is.  I do have eyes to see!  I AM grateful!  


There's this lovely gal whom I get to share life with.  Here she is in her sweet spot - where the magic happens!  You can see a painting she did of Moose just behind her.  


And she so kindly took over shaving Moose before our record breaking hot June weekend. He was deeply appreciative.
He kept running joyously around the back yard chasing after balls with much ease and abandon following the removal of a great heap of heavy hot hair.  


This view never gets old and now the vineyards are bursting with leaves and life and the promise of fine wine.  


This here is Gellately Nut farm where I took Oma and Tante Hilda and Elsie for a drive.  We parked here to eat our drive-thru treats.  


Mom is doing so much better since her pacemaker installation.  
No More Fainting.
Praise God!


Today I attended the Graduation of the Karis House girls.  Such profound stories of immense overcoming.  They celebrated with dancing and testimonies, and the Trip's band played some great tunes. 


My dear Donara has overcome so much and has been struck down again and again but there she was in the midst of these beautiful women, rejoicing with them and experiencing her own restoration.
Letting go and Moving On was the theme as they are consolidating their many homes into one new building downtown. 

Here is Lisa enjoying the evening sun. She invited Patrice and I to join her down at the beach and they went swimming while I sat and read through an old journal. 
Glad I am not reliving those years!! Much easier to read about them and rejoice that they are over and that God brought me through.
And He will continue to!


It's Cherry Season!
These are some yummy Royal Anne's that I bought today at an orchard on my way home.


YUM!



No comments: