Saturday, June 20, 2015

Walking & Rolling



I was part of a fundraiser today for Hands In Service, an incredible organization that provides volunteer services for people who are housebound or disabled.  I know how much help I require now that I'm 28 years into my journey so I so totally support what they do.  People are so blessed when volunteers come into their home to help them with cleaning they've been unable to do or to bring them a meal. 
Such lovely acts of service.


I joined the team of a couple of gals I have wheeled with in previous years as we always have so much fun together.  So I was part of the "Goertzen Girls Team", but little did I know I would be able to get out my own little team of walkers and rollers!  Just look at these cuties!


Pupcake was the mascot and we had a delightful day wheeling and walking along the boardwalk on a beautiful summer's day.  
I was so grateful to dear Elsie for putting her plans on hold to bring mom and Tante Hilda out to this event.  
We were the real deal.  


And later we found a piano just waiting to be played so we had fun making music at the lakeside with the cutest little audience.  


It was so nice to get Mom out to the lake! 


The fundraiser ended with a toilet scrubbing wheelchair race which was amusing to watch.  I can relate on so many levels...
Here's Arianna doing her best to get her team in first place.


So that was fun!  


No comments: