Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sunday Shenanigans


This week I went back to being a Mennonite because it's good to revisit your roots on occasion. 
They were having their service next to the lake and the Vineyard was having it's "off Sunday" so that worked out for me.  
Who wouldn't want to go to church out here? 


Wonderful to worship the One True God, the Creator, out in his beautiful Creation!

So many beautiful people all in one place, from so many seasons of my life.  All together at the same time.  

It was absolutely exhausting and a little bit wonderful. 
Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. 


So Patrice and I recuperated from the many hello's by taking a walk along the lake and onto the boardwalk 
Well, to be truthful, she is the only one who walked. 


The lake was so big and blue and beautiful.  
The sailboats were so white and soothing. 
They look ridiculously little in this picture. 


So here I've zoomed in a little closer.
Much more satisfying. 


And then, believe it or not, we happened upon some Japanese gardens on our way back to the car which were just lovely.
As you can see. 
Once again, soothing, which was the needed ingredient. 


And this little lady (the one above) cracks me up.  She kept me company outside while Lisa was inside making supper.  
Her name is Maja. 
We chatted for awhile, as ladies do.  


And this lady also cracks me up.  She brought some Sangria which fits in with the soothing theme of this post.  
We had a lovely salmon dinner out on Lisa's back patio and enjoyed each other's company immensely .  
Lisa has an incredible gift of hospitality and makes cooking look easy and taste incredible.  
She could have her own TV show. 

This little patio is where I first met Marie when I began attending SWAT. 
And now, even though SWAT meets very rarely, I have a wonderful new friend from that season.


And that's the end of my Sunday Story. 

No comments: