Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pacemakers, Pilgrims & Parkade Prayers



This week my dear little mama got a pacemaker put in.  I was in the hospital at exactly the same time getting some x-rays done to figure out why I choke so much, so while they were threading a wire into her heart, I was gulping down barium in a variety of positions.  I was craning my neck around trying to watch the video screen and I did manage to see the diverticular pouch on my lower esophagus poofing out like a big balloon.  I'll have to wait to see the Dr. to find out the exciting details.


We are making good use of our medical system and I am most grateful to know that Mom's heart won't be left to it's own devices any longer.  That big heart of hers, strong as it is, has started taking intermittent vacations so it's time to get that ticker back in line.  No vacations allowed.

Once again I stopped at the "Perking Lot" for my celebratory raspberry mocha drink on my way out. (seriously, I am out of control with these special drinks!!)  I went to retrieve my car and ended up having the loveliest prayer time out in the parkade with a dear friend.

My little red sanctuary just fills up with angels and the presence of God.  Many petitions are thrown up to heaven, declarations of His powerful Word are proclaimed, faith is stirred up and peace and joy start rolling in like rivers. So glad that we can do this anytime, anywhere.

Church on the go.
Heaven invading earth.
Miracles set in motion.
Calling forth that which is not yet as if it already were.

This week also saw the return of my two dear pilgrims - Daniel and Nicole - who have completed the Camino de Santiago.  Over 800 km trekked in about 5 weeks!!  Their feet took a beating but there was peace and joy on their faces.  Oh, I was so very, very happy to see them coming out of the airport with Patrice and to hear some stories of their pilgrimage.


Plus I finished assessing my last student this week at school. Today I wrote up my final reports and sent them off to the teachers so I AM DONE school for the year!  Yeehaw!!  It's been a wonderful year and good progress was made by these lovely kids.  I need to spend some time this summer reviewing the program and protocol to make sure that I'm still on track with my teaching and keeping things fun and accurate.  I want to teach with excellence and love, but that takes some intentionality on my part and I've kind of slid into "routine" mode.

Anyways, it's been a great week.
Just had our Friday Night dinner
with the Gagenzeits ending with some hilarious games and laughter around the table.  We are all so comfortable with each other.  It's a gift to have such long term friends to do life with.

Joey was the guest of honour tonight.
Back from University in Calgary for a wee little bit.

These kids have been flung far and wide but we relish the visits.
Soon Anna will be home from Australia, having finished her DTS and outreach.
Jesse and Marc have returned from a nine month ministry time in Mexico.
Bethany just graduated with her MSW and we had a fun celebration at Apple Valley where we ate an amazing dinner and played bowling.





No comments: