Tuesday, April 14, 2015

On being an Adult


I saw a picture on fb today of a chubby little dog laying on it's tummy, exhausted with it's legs pressed down at awkward angles beside it with the caption saying something like "I can't adult today".

Ah, this is how I've felt today.
Wishing somebody would do the hard parts for me...

Pressures of the apartment, finding yet another renter, feeling the anxiety of my dear sister who is having to be the front lines warrior holding things together over there. Fighting off a migraine and feeling exhausted from a rough night and too many medications, spasms tensing up my back and shaking me around.

But I do remember the importance of my reactions, everyday, to all of these small and big things.
I'm in school down here.
It matters how I respond to the little tests that are sent my way.

By a very kind and incredibly loving Father.
Who is absolutely and completely FOR ME!

He does discipline us and allow tests of all sorts into our lives to prepare us for the graduation and what will follow.
And oh how I want to pass.
Not only pass, but do so with excellence.

To me, excellence would look like love.  Doing the right things with a whole lot of love and kindness.

Therefore I throw up lots of little prayers for mercy and for assistance.
He is God after all and the trust and faith thing is of utmost importance.
And since I'm not supposed to worry about ANYTHING, I may as well just take that to heart and keep casting all of these burdens onto Him.

So I guess I'll just have to "adult" today with God moving in and through and around me, no matter how I feel. He promises to NEVER leave me.
Not such a bad deal.

Plus I feel pretty spoiled with my life.
I love my God.
I love my job,
I love my friends,
I love where I live,
I love my family.
I love chai tea.
I love to laugh.
I love my pets.
I love Spring.
The list is endless.

As is His goodness to me.

No comments: