Monday, April 27, 2015

another birthday



hey i'm still alive!
53 years of alive, to be exact, as of today
and I'm grateful to God for so very much.

there are mixed emotions
joy, peace, hope, and some profound sadness tangled in there
but nothing that God and I can't tackle together.
He's got me on the peace train and He's helping me to figure how to stay on there

again the beauty of the season on this "special to me" day overwhelmed me:
fields of blossoms


dandelions cheerfully dotting the green rows between the fruit trees
bouquets of wild brown eyed susans in great abundance on the hills
lilacs taking centre stage with their royal colours and sweet fragrance
some clouds, some blue sky and lovely sunshine

family, friends, messages, cards, flowers, and phone calls
oma and opa singing happy birthday to me together over the phone...
the sweetness was almost unbearable
the blessings are as abundant as the blossoms covering the hills
so i say GLORY to my Maker as He is the originator of all this kindness
i literally deserve nothing but...
He is the giver of every good and perfect gift and my life is full of them

Glory to my King.
I carry in this humble body His Image, His divine presence and it is very good.
He surrounds me with lovingkindness and songs of deliverance

He surrounds me with amazing people, His way of touching my life with "skin on".

He is my shield and my very great reward.
happy birthday to me

here are some of the events of the day


this fun picture with a birthday message from sweet friends in Thailand


this kind friend brought TWO DOZEN beautiful roses, actually the day before my birthday ( i had cancelled a little party but she showed up anyways)

**************************
here below is my dear Patrice in her new workplace where we went for a birthday coffee


how cute are we?


Greek food in great abundance with my lovely kids


we are the only ones in the theatre watching the monkey kingdom movie.  i'm the one with the popcorn of course. 



No comments: