Thursday, January 1, 2015

New and Fresh


I'm spending a sweet time here with the Lord and was drawn again to Psalm 71 because when I looked at my clock this morning I saw 7:17 and it reminded me of how often the Lord gave us those numbers when we were in Jerusalem.

So I'm just "standing" on that whole passage to begin my year.

This verse popped out at me:

"As for me, I will ALWAYS have hope.
I will praise you more and more"

The combination of hope and praise - absolutely vital.
Always hope and more and more praise.

His personal word to me this morning was full of the exhortation "do not fear".
He's got things covered.
And if God has things covered, there truly is nothing to fear.

"I have become a sign to many,
You are my strong refuge
My mouth is filled with your praise declaring your splendour
ALL DAY LONG"

Herein is the key to life and to having the ability to change the atmosphere wherever I show up.
As I praise Him, my focus is on Him and not on myself or my problems and then His light begins to permeate the space I am in.
We all have the opportunity to become a sign to many and to draw their focus to HIM!

Glorious King, Magnificent Creator, Savior, Blessed Redeemer!!
He is outrageously wonderful and deserves our praise and worship.

So this is how I am beginning this New Year.
The year where miracles will rain down.

HE IS THE SOLUTION TO EVERY PROBLEM!!

HE IS SOVEREIGN.

***********************

The eve of the New Year was spent at the apartment where Elsie just moved in and took over the position of Manager.



We are reclaiming the territory and establishing God's Kingdom there through prayer and praise and repentance.  I feel new beginnings on so many levels and am excited to see what God will do there.







No comments: