Saturday, January 17, 2015

More than Ok


One morning recently I woke up early and was restless in my thoughts.
It was difficult to reign them in and to focus on the devotionals I often read as I begin my day and to pray with any sort of clarity.

My mind is a busy place.  Ridiculously busy at times and this was one of those times, making it really difficult to focus.

So I left the house feeling off.  
Slightly guilt stricken for not being able to connect with God and for beginning my day without clarity and some sort of a spiritual connection.  

I hadn't driven far when I just thought I'd ask God if we were ok. 
You know, like if you're with a friend and things are feeling off and you want to make sure you haven't offended them or something.  

The response I got was immediate and I sensed Him saying to me 

"We're MORE THAN OK!!"  

It was like He was throwing back His head and laughing and letting me know that the fact that I pursue Him and seek Him and desire Him is a very, very good thing in His books.    There was some sort of an invitation to dance with Him and twirl with total abandon and joy.  


I was surprised and delighted and so relieved.  
Able to drive on enjoying Him without that wedge of confusion and a vague sense of guilt.  
Enjoying Him. 

"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."  

It's a pretty awesome calling on our lives.  That little line there is taken from the Westminster Catechism and it sums things up quite succinctly.

I fail constantly in this calling, but I am pointed in His direction.  
He is my North Pole. 
It is my desire to glorify God.  
It is my privilege to glorify Him and to be able to enjoy this Creator and Lover of my Soul who just constantly blows my mind with His desire to walk in close, abiding relationship with us.  

No comments: