Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Maranatha



Sometimes I am overwhelmed with longing.
For things that just can't seem to be here on earth for me.
Longing to connect with people - to be free to move and to engage with ease
To clean and serve and help and play
To move and to twirl and to run and swim.

It's like suddenly this suit that I'm wearing is too tight
And I hurt with longing.
The grace lifts and I'm overcome with the loss of the years.
I'm pushed down
Held back.

Compounded losses.
The sadness is so close.
And I can't bring back what was taken and continues to be taken.

And yet He has seen fit that there has been these limits
More than the average, I wonder?
So many limits set upon my ability to do what I feel like I was created to do.

So the groanings reverberate and the loss is felt
and acknowledged.
Tears sting and the moan diminishes.

Prayers for help will once again be answered and the grace will fall again.

Revelation 22






No comments: