Friday, July 18, 2014

A Wedding & Summer Fun



My favourite time of the year!
Hot, lazy, hazy summer days... stretching ahead and falling behind.
The long light lasting far into the evening.
Waking to sunshine and blue.

Family gatherings these last couple of weeks with Vic and Marcia made things busy in a good way.  Just kinda sad that dear Tante Hilda broke her heal and was only able to join in on a couple of gatherings.  Now we all get to visit her in Cottonwoods and apparently she is already a bit of a celebrity.
With her cheerful little laugh and bright smile, I am not surprised.

There's also a fire burning furiously on the other side of the lake as we have been having extraordinarily hot and dry days.

And our former neighbour "boy" realized a childhood wish and he got married on the orchard!  Right under the apple trees!

So here are a few pictures from the wedding day of Dylan and Liz.  I had an amazing young man practicing harp music in my living room beforehand.  I lay in my bed listening, feeling kind of like I had died and gone to heaven or something.

It was THAT beautiful...


And here are Dylan and Liz just looking incredibly sweet.  



The wedding was lovely and fun but HOT!!!  (as in Sue got heat stroke and couldn't come to the reception)





So that was loads of fun and it ended with live music and dancing under the stars!



No comments: