Friday, June 27, 2014

Oswald & June Happenings



The Sermon on the Mount indicates that when we are on a mission for Jesus Christ, there is no time to stand up for ourselves. Jesus says, in effect, “Don’t worry about whether or not you are being treated justly.” Looking for justice is actually a sign that we have been diverted from our devotion to Him. Never look for justice in this world, but never cease to give it. If we look for justice, we will only begin to complain and to indulge ourselves in the discontent of self-pity, as if to say, “Why should I be treated like this?” If we are devoted to Jesus Christ, we have nothing to do with what we encounter, whether it is just or unjust. In essence, Jesus says, “Continue steadily on with what I have told you to do, and I will guard your life. If you try to guard it yourself, you remove yourself from My deliverance.”



Other (not so serious) June stuff:



Walker-Thon fun with Alicia and Ariana and a whole crowd...


Lora sharing her beautiful poetry at a 'Creative Aging' Seminar.  I had so much fun and especially enjoyed the Merry Pipers.  Looks like there are lots of great opportunities out there for me as I age...


Patrice continues to create delicious fare.  We had lunch at Tante Hilda's and she brought these along.


Finally had the neighbours over for a BBQ and Bocce Game!


It was a success!


I even told one of the neighbour guys that I loved him as we were hugging each other good bye.  HAHA!!  He is gay so I probably don't pose any threat...



Another outing with Tante Hilda and Oma to Kaloya Park in Oyama.  We sat in the car and ate our Tim Horton's goodies while we enjoyed the view. 


And then Princess Leanne had a birthday so we celebrated at Kelly O's with the girls and laughed ourselves silly over this picture.  


And sweet Joanna.  She's been a dear friend over the years and I have loved watching her grow into an amazing Godly woman.  And I got to attend her RN graduation so we celebrated at Starbucks. 



No comments: