Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mid Summer Highlight



Lille Gard was AMAZING again this year.
I have attended the event for the past 5 years and it never fails to be a highlight of my summer.  In fact, I wish it would go on for another few days.  It's kind of like family camp without the uncomfortable camping part.

Oh, the lovely people, the amazing music and the live artists creating works of beauty right before our eyes, right under the tall pine trees and blue skies.  Sheesh, it's almost too good to be true.  And it's just a few minutes away from home for me.  And there are alpacas grazing and rolling in the dust on the property too.


I'm so grateful for the opportunity to connect with all of these friends from all sorts of times and places in my Kelowna life.
The setting is the best - lawn chairs set up in front of the stage on the grass with musicians playing sweet tunes while we listen and visit and snack and just get all connected and reacquainted again!  There are all sorts of dogs running around exploring and having great fun and even a pig named Hamish is snorkling around in the grass on his delicate little hoofs.



So I try to sneak around and settle in beside as many people as I can for snatches of conversation and love.


This is kind of what it looked like...






Even the puppies joined us for an evening.  They were exceedingly stimulated by the environment! 


No comments: