Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summertime


Oh the glory of these long lazy hot summer days.
They were so long in coming with that tempestuous Spring
and the hesitant, uncertain entrance of Summer.

But it's here.

Air conditioning blowing in the car as I drive down those 5 winding kilometers,
through vineyards and orchards with the lake shimmering off in the distance.
My garden makes me happy, colorful and growing, hanging baskets bursting with brilliant little blossoms and life.
The promise of my little sunflowers, now several inches tall reaching for the sky.\
Tiny tomatoes flourishing in a protected little corner soaking in the long afternoon sun.
And down the hill the garden is apparently springing up and I'm hoping for some fresh peas soon.

The Lille Gard music festival, in it's second year was once again an absolute delight.
Music under the tall pines, surrounded by good friends and nature in all its glory.




It's a great way to kick off the season and my cup gets full from seeing so many that I love all in one place at one time.



Those foretastes of heaven, little glimpses of the goodness to come.

And we march steadily towards the wedding date.
11 days to go.
My son is so busy trying desperately to prepare his new home that he isn't even counting.
Hopefully the toilet will be installed soon and then it's livable.
Funny how I can hardly wait till the wedding is over, for the sheer relief of it, but at the same time I'm so much looking forward to the beauty of it all and the wonderful comradarie of having so many special people all in one place at one time to celebrate my boy and his girl.

Trusting and leaning.

No comments: