Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finishing up June


It's 5:30 a.m.
I awoke about an hour ago and my body started jumping around so I got up, put on the cool air as it was warm and repositioned, hoping to fall back asleep curled into a ball on my back.
It hasn't happened yet so I've been listening to a sermon and reading blogs and making a list of things to do this summer.
A snoring ladybug is pressed right into my side and I can feel her soft body against my arm.
So comforting.

I went to a school grad ceremony last night and sat with a dear friend and her precious daughter who has also become a dear friend. Oh the amazing passage of time - I remember visiting her in the hospital when she is a newborn. Just look at the radiant beauty she has become!


Strange, this passage of time. This conveyer belt moving us all swiftly along.
Trying to make sense of all the awards and speeches.
...and now I will show you the most excellent way - now abide faith, hope and love
And the greatest of these is love.

There will be another awards ceremony.
I just want to figure out how to live love before I get there.
I've got a long way to go, but more of Him and less of me will get me there sooner.

For me, I know the end of the conveyer belt shoots me into another most wonderful realm and this thought carries me through many trials. Physical, mental, emotional.
I just know where this is all going, even though I keep screwing up along the way.
When I remember His grace and kindness and that I'm tucked into Him and covered, it's good.

Had the loveliest birthday celebration for my sister at her place the other night.
Really simple and sweet.
Family and two friends gathered in her place surrounded by the art and creativity and color that is her.



We shared a meal and cake and sat admiring the indoors and the summer growth outdoors.



My teaching is finished for the year. I attended a seminar this last weekend on Irlen syndrome, giving me more hope to help the kids I work with.
The other really cool thing?
The tab was paid by the school as I'm employed and will continue to be. Just like a real person.
I even have an ROE. My boss explained it was a record of employment.
It's been a long time.

Next on the agenda is THE WEDDING.
My dear future daughter brought her dress by today and modeled it for us.
Wow. It's going to be a party!!
My emotions will catch up sooner or later.

For now I will rearrange my jumping body and try once again to fall asleep before I embark on the waking part of this last day of June.
For the record, I'm taking lots of antihistamines these days. It's all just so itchy.

No comments: