Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vancouver Again



My dear girl and I did another quick trip to Vancouver.
We've decided to make these trips into little holidays.
Because our treatments are interspersed throughout the day we have time to do touristy things. Like drive around Stanley Park and glory in the ocean and thick green massive forest before heading back to Melville Street.
Today we ventured through Gas Town.



There we had a chance to quickly view the famous Steam Clock, bump along the cobblestones and admire old buildings, listen to buskers and enjoy an amazing lunch at "The Rogue" in the old Train Station building.


The lunch was so fun - out of character really for me to order a trio of three different kinds of French Fries (oh the ones with gravy were heavenly!!) and the daughter ordered a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a "Nice Little Salad" which really was nice in so many ways and not too little to share!

Yesterday we went to Granville Island which was so familiar; full of energy, color and sound. The public market is just outrageously fun with it's colorful assortment of fruits and all the other delicious deli's and desserts and amazing ethnic food selections.




We shared wild rice salad and spinach quiche and bought a bag full of fruits and veggies to tide us over in our hungry hotel moments.

Because I nearly caused a big accident while trying to access the Burrard Bridge stressing my dear daughter out entirely, and because we were both completely exhausted by the day, we treated ourselves to dinner at Earl's.
We just went all out and even had special drinks which I rarely ever splurge on.
A bellini for me and an albino rhino for her.


To take the edge off life.
And the meals were over the top delicious.

God is taking care of us girls.
Even when my driving leaves something to be desired.
I hate stressing my girl out and will continue to pray for divine protection.
Obviously I need it and so does she when she's with me.


We had two or three rainbows on our way home.


Okanagan Lake is a beautiful sight to behold after that long trip.
And we're so glad to be here.
So many delays on the road home - took us 6 hours from downtown Vancouver to here.
Goodnight.

No comments: