Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Friends to the Rescue


I knew I was waiting for my dear laughing friend to arrive.
I just didn't know exactly how badly I needed her and the incredible joy and presence of God that would accompany her.
She is so very good for me and her faith is such a catalyst for mine.
She and her son arrived almost at midnight and we had a sweet reunion around the kitchen table. The reunion got even sweeter when my son arrived and to see those two friend from childhood embrace was a wonderful thing. They have so much history and in this season they are both standing up for each other in their weddings.

How time has flown and how my dear friend and I have witnessed answers to many prayers prayed for our children over the years.
More answers to come but we're thanking Jesus for the miracles that have already unfolded.

We talked and laughed and shared our sorrows and joys long into the night and when we awoke we entered the presence of the Lord in such a powerful way together.
Proclaiming the promises of God over this property and the upcoming union that will be celebrated here.
Praying for relationships that are broken to be restored and for Isaiah 43:18-21 to break forth.

18Do not call to mind the former things,
Or ponder things of the past.
“Behold, I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
Rivers in the desert.
“The beasts of the field will glorify Me,
The jackals and the ostriches,
Because I have given waters in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert,
To give drink to My chosen people.
“The people whom I formed for Myself
Will declare My praise.

New beginnings for the dear son and his bride, but also for so many who will be present. They all got to drink that water that was turned into wine!

The best was saved for last.

And the wine is representative of the life-giving, healing, restoring blood of Jesus.I've felt over and over to ask that Jesus will turn the water into wine at this wedding.Not that we won't have wine bottles on the table - we will, but in the Spirit I am asking for Jesus to show up and turn our figurative water into wine.


And tonight my dear friend drove with me to the site of the ceremony and we anointed with oil the stage where the covenant will be made and the land around it.





In faith.
All things are possible.
Exceedingly and abundantly MORE than all we can even ask or imagine.

My cup is full and I am no longer sad about the upcoming wedding, wishing it was already over.
I can enter into each occasion with joy.
Bless when I feel slighted and practice thinking the best of others.

And it hasn't been hard to think the best of my dear friends and family who swooped down onto the property yesterday to weed whack, mow, plant shrubs, prune, weed, put down fresh bark mulch to get this place looking incredibly lovely and groomed.





And the sweet gal who lives with me has rescued me repeatedly by running errands, preparing a big meal yesterday and being there for me in so many ways.
I am incredibly blessed. And...

The best is yet to come!

No comments: