Saturday, July 9, 2011

One Week To Go


The days are slipping by and THE WEDDING is now almost within arm's reach...
Slight tummy flip - so much will happen this week.
There's joy and anticipation and some nervousness in the air.
The dear son is simply exhausted from trying to renovate their little "old" house.
Today the toilet went in which was the cause of much relief... and rejoicing.
Makes the place livable even if there is no sink or cabinet in the bathroom yet.

This week I went on a pre-wedding shopping trip with MY TWO GIRLS!!!
Yes, I will have two daughters as of next Saturday and it was so fun to go shopping with both of them.
None of us are big shoppers. At all.
BUT, on this occasion we were all on a mission.
To get me properly attired for the role of "mother of the groom".
The girls were lovely, finding me all sorts of "flowy" cool tops, but none of them were quite perfect until we were finally getting a little weary and finished with most of the mall.
Then we amazingly happened upon a lovely, casual but dressy, flowy soft cream colored embroidered top that we were all happy with.
If the girls love it and one of them is the bride, I love it! Simple!!
We celebrated by going out for Greek food. OPA!!
Patrice then got her hair cut and straightened (I had another coupon- haha!) for a loooonnnggg time. I know this because I was sitting in the car waiting in 35 degree heat. I drove to Macdonald's to get one of their large 1$ iced teas to help me pass the time and weather the weather!

And I had my hair colored and cut with a coupon I purchased on the internet this week.
Me who loves a deal and hates to spend much on something so... transient.
Anyways, I forgot that my hair sucks in color like a thirsty desert sucks in rain and instead of ending up with a soft brown which wouldn't make my new grey hair stand out quite so boldly, I got a real brunettey dark brown.
WOWSERS. I was shocked every time I looked into the mirror but I am adjusting and have had lots of compliments. The compliments have helped the adjustment.
And the bride really likes it. So I like it too!

The wedding is not the only big event happening this month. We all just came down from celebrating Henry's 50th birthday up at Big White.
It was so fun. Eating, visiting, laughing, playing crazy games and singing the famous out of tune rendition of Happy Birthday once again to celebrate one really amazing life.
Henry is one of my hero's. Truly one of the most Godly men I know who lays down his life for others on a daily basis. And thinks nothing of it.
Kinda like Jesus.

It's been a good week and an even better one is coming up!!
Hidey Ho!!
Praying that the weather will be as nice in one week as it was today!

No comments: