Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just down the road





Sometimes the bright spots on the journey just exceed expectation...
Today I hit some of those bright spots - the dark place was illuminated and I was surrounded by love AND even joy.
Quite a bit of it really.
I'm not as forgotten as I believed I was and there is still so much life to touch and experience.

It was about friendship and time together.
In the midst of hardship remembering, out loud, the goodness of God.
Delighting in truth together.
Sitting outside, eating pancakes in a carport, laughing and praying.
Pulling out the rarely used oil and anointing, in faith.
Whatever remnants that could be gathered together in these shadowlands.
The already here and the not yet.
The "not yet" has been feeling bigger than the "already here" so courage must be summoned.

The bright spot turned into a beautiful sunny day.
A music fest, just down the road. For real - up here in my neck of the woods.
Full of friends both new and old.
Sitting under the blue sky on a mountainside, surrounded by pines and people and music.


Glory be!
I was surprised by joy.
And hugs.
And laughter.
Friends on one side, my kids on the other.




Tucked into love with music swirling around.
Overhead the pines swayed and the leaves spun in the breezes
While the people danced and the children played.



While the known around me shakes and changes, the Father in His great kindness knows how to minister comfort.
So the passage given earlier, written below, played out in my day.

I lay down and kiss the Son.



No comments: