Wednesday, July 28, 2010

THE BIG SHIP!



Day 2 of the cruise

The adventure has truly begun. With ups and downs and adjustments and luxury. So much ocean and sky and FOOD! So many things to do = people to see and places to go. Well, you can only go so far or you will land in the water, but there are plenty of places to investigate on the ship. It is a smaller one than last time – including our room and bathroom. The bathroom was proving absolutely disastrous and most dangerous until this afternoon when Elsie came up with an ingenious idea to become part of the solution to my lack of reachable safety bars. She sits in a chair facing the sink and I am able to use the back of that chair to hoist myself onto the potty. She sits and brushes her teeth and we have cute little conversations as business is attended to. I see the back of her head and she sees the front of her face. And all is well.

We were vaulted out of the depths of near despair with this new arrangement and she is more than happy to accompany me whenever the need arises – even in the middle of the night. Hard to believe I'm even sharing this information in this not completely private place but it is life as it happens. My dear sister possesses a very great servants heart and I am reminded of the fun that we are able to share as we do life together. It is a blessing to be reunited with her in this way and Vic and Mom are paired off on the complete opposite end of the ship. We meet at meals and other events.

Today the chef did a live cooking show where we learned to make Steak Dianne and Thai Chicken Soup. In the afternoon Elsie and I attended a watercolor class where I had to instruct the instructor how to teach.

He was a very sweet old gentleman who was a much better painter than teacher but Elsie and I thoroughly enjoyed painting little masterpieces as the ship rocked and plunged through the waves. Mom has to hold onto Vic tightly when they walk so she doesn’t rock and plunge straight off the deck!! We are trusting God to keep her upright and to keep me in my chair.

Unfortunately I have not been able to connect to the internet to communicate with the dear daughter without paying exorbitant fees so we are waiting to dock at Juneau tomorrow where this will be done.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What wonderful fun. You are so lucky and you write so beautifully. I sure enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for this little gift to me. Enjoy the rest of you trip, Joanne