Saturday, February 20, 2010

College Days and Butterflies

I have been waiting for this evening to arrive.
And here it is, in all it's peace and glory.

The arrival of this evening means that I have completed a rather complex homework assignment that I agonized over for many hours. Too many hours I believe, but I guess this is what it feels like to stretch and learn. And more importantly, the arrival of this evening means that my last micro-teaching presentations at the college is over. During the presentations they bring in actual students and the rest of the class and the teacher sit evaluating you and filling out forms. PLUS they film you thinking you might just want to watch the whole process repeated at a later date.
I don't think so.

But it's Saturday night.
And my assignments are both completed and handed in.
Of course it feels like I didn't do a good enough job,
and I'm kind of embarrassed by my lack of skill in teaching properly today...
But I'll get over it.

Oh happy day.

Thankfully I had booked an evening with my butterfly friends in the midst of my final craze of preparation. It gave me a wonderful reprieve from the stress of the assignment.

I set the table so pretty and bought chocolate Roses and butterfly napkins.
I put on a candle and soft music in preparation for the long awaited evening.

The Butterflies arrived and we feasted on Chinese food, wine and extravagant dessert.
We laughed ourselves silly and once again shared our stories and lives.
The presence of God swirling around us, knitting us together in sweet love.




A dear friend who lost her precious husband of one year is literally dancing her way through grief.
Another precious friend finds herself working in what feels like the Kingdom of Xerxes and is amazed at how the story of Queen Esther is being played out in her life as the scepter of God is repeated extended to her.
And one sweet sister is finding the faithfulness of God played out in a multitude of ways as she trains caregivers to honor the elderly and as she ministers to God by loving her family despite the story not playing out as she thought it might.
I feel honored to call these ones my friends.
My delightful butterflies!

I am rich.
The colors of these friends as they spread their wings and fragrance in my home leaves me kissed once again by my precious Savior.

He kisses me with the kisses of His mouth and tells me
"You are altogether beautiful my darling".

It seems to good to be true!
To be loved so absolutely and completely.

No comments: