Monday, February 8, 2010

Thriving


Just another happy little report that all is well in my world. La di da di da!!

The bean is happily situated in Guatemala and I'm able to communicate often with her. It does my heart good to see her face smiling back at me on my computer screen.

My TESL course is challenging and I'm passing it (even grammar), plus I'm having so much FUN with my classmates!! It's like being in grade school again and the community that comes with that is so fascinating and delightful for me! I also love to get assignments back with positive feedback... Oh I am a sucker for good grades. Unfortunately I've realized that my learning styles are still similar to what they were in days gone by. I don't "get" alot of what I'm being taught, at least not very completely, but I sure love getting the homework done with good grades. Kinda sad, but true. I'm hoping that I'll catch on to more of it when I actually have to teach it. The amount of information that is being thrown at us is overwhelming, to say the least. And some of my classmates already have their degree in teaching!! Not me - so I sit like a deer in head lights, shuffling papers and trying to snag onto some of the points that are coming at us hard and fast.

I've realized that another reason I am doing well this winter is that my mom's health is significantly better than it has been for a couple of years now. I don't think I realized exactly how heavily that weighed on my heart and how it drained so much life out of me. I know that circumstances probably shouldn't be allowed to have so much power over us, but sometimes they are just compounded and you begin to seriously lag in energy and motivation.

And having Daniel home with me has been just lovely.
Last night we watched a movie together,
We have some fun suppers together.
It's just nice having another body floating around the house here with me.
So, I AM seeing the goodness of God in the land of the living.
I AM swimming in the amazing expanse of the lovingkindness of God.
I AM feeling renewed hope and am enjoying days with more energy.

I AM GRATEFUL! Thriving in the kind graces that God pours upon me daily.

No comments: