Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Funny, that

This happens to me when I'm supposed to be doing homework:
I write blogs.
And I drink coke and eat chips for supper.
I make phone calls to people that have been on my list to call for some time.
I take the dogs outside and play.
I check my e-mails repeatedly.
I write responses to letters that have been there for awhile.
I wash my bathroom floor.
Laundry gets done.
I drink apple cider vinegar.
I move from the kitchen table to the office desk to my bed.
And then I get up and go back to the kitchen table again.

I am feeling so TENSE.
Mostly because when I try to actually do the work it's a little over my head.
Maybe a lot over my head. And I get so little done in light of the presentation I have to do at the college on Saturday.
Another dreaded "microteaching" with a lesson plan to be handed in.

But I just feel so determined to finish this course.
As much as it is stretching me and stressing me out and keeping me busy,
it's somehow very life-giving at the same time.
And I'm still loving the interaction with the other students.

So, I'm back to writing my writing lesson plan. It should be up to two hours long for an advanced class of ESL students who will be learning about how to write a letter to an editor.
Advanced means they're most likely smarter than I am and therein lies the problem!
Ahhhhhhhhhh!

I know I just need to buckle down, learn the stuff and then figure out how to teach it.
I can do this.
I will do this.

No comments: