Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Edge


Sometimes I feel like I'm living on the edge.
Like this morning for instance.
I woke up and while dressing I noticed that half of my face wasn't working. I couldn't form my mouth to swallow my saliva and half of my face wouldn't smile. My left arm was acting a little strange as well.
I was freaked out as the realization of what had happened dawned on me.

A TIA?!? Could it be?

Shoot. I don't want to have these things happening to me.
All sorts of thoughts about loss and a potentially changed life flitted through my mind. (the parts that were working)
Thankfully it resolved itself quickly - the one thing that took a little longer was the swallowing.
And I felt really tired.
Daniel decided it was best if he drove me around.
He came to church with me and took the Koreans and I to Vernon because I had promised them a day out of the city.
What a gift he is to me.
His kindness is one of those kisses from Jesus.

I was grateful to be at church. Worship is incredibly healing and centering.
Singing to the Alpha and Omega.
He is worthy to be praised.
Always, Always, Always.
Worthy to be praised.
So I will give Him glory, whether with my whole face or half my face...
He is Worthy to be praised.
I will trust Him with my life and my Body.
And cry out for healing and protection.

He is my shield and my very great reward.

No comments: