Friday, August 3, 2018

Theatre in the Rain



Thankfully Patrice keeps me from getting too entrenched in staying close to home, especially this year when I need to be readily available for Mom & Dad in case something comes up.
She initiated an evening at the Caravan Theatre, so tickets were purchased for her weekend in Kelowna and the date arrived.


The drive to Enderby is so lovely; past numerous lakes and through gorgeous countryside, however by the time we got there it was pouring rain.


We had brought along some umbrellas and we hunkered down and made our way to the outdoor theatre, trying not to get too wet.
The staff felt sorry for us, making our way through the mud with the wheelchair, so they provided us with free popcorn!  
I was not about to say no to my favourite snack, so we took advantage of their kindness, especially when I found out the tiny bags ran at $5 each.




The music was fabulous with a banjo, violin and accordion and lots of good singing throughout the show. 
The acting was stellar and we enjoyed our ourdoor theatre adventure immensely.


Sometimes it feels like so much work to get out and have some fun, but I'm so glad when I push through and get to enjoy some quality time with family.

************


There is a fun place nearby that sells these amazing flowers from their front yard.
I have never stopped there until this year and I was delighted with my bouquet.


One of the flowers is called a "dinner plate" and as you can see it's almost as big as my head.  Now that's a flower even mom can see!!  


Ron popped by one day and showed me his new "deputy sheriff" badge.
He's been working very hard at his new vocation and he was very proud to whip out his wallet and produce the evidence. 

No comments: