Friday, August 17, 2018

The Blessing of Sharing



I get to be an up close observer and cheerleader of some pretty intimate moments of people that I barely know.
Right in my own home.



This is the blessing of living up here and being able to share this incredible property with friends.  In this cases I was doing Ron a favour - knowing how close he is with the "father of the groom" I opened the place up for yet another August wedding. 


And there is always joy and many blessings in it for me, even if it makes for an unsettling week or two while the property and my house gets invaded. 


I know the groom's family, but despite not knowing the bride or her family I fell in love with her sweet spirit and enjoyed the excitement of last minute preparations and beautifications. 


One of the lovely young wedding girls fell in love with Ladybug and this cuteness was happening in my bedroom.


The backyard looked pretty spectacular with a big fancy tent set up and they chose an unusual spot to host the ceremony further out back, overlooking the valley.


Unfortunately the smoke was hiding most of the city, but this particular day was better than the one before so there was a bit of a hazy view.
You can get a glimpse of the crowd out behind the cute little Mint trailer that was a bar.


And I discovered Marc & Tiffany were the bartenders! 
What a cute little get up!


As you can see the smoke settled in as the evening wore on, but by then the couple was happily married, people were drinking and eating and the music and dancing was about to break out.
The merrymaking went on till 11:00 when they obediently shut the loud music down at my prior request.
I just want to stay friends with all my neighbours and get a good nights sleep if possible. 


Marc & Tiffany are next on the agenda to get married, sometime in September! 



No comments: