Thursday, April 26, 2018

Another Birthday



Last year when we did a mother/daughter weekend with Joanna and Leanne we landed in Leavenworth which was pretty much perfect.
It can be a little dangerous to set the bar so high, but it really was an amazing time we had together and easy in so many ways.
That is not always my experience when travelling.
(I landed gently and slowly on the bathroom floor after checking into our hotel on this go round...)

Have experienced such a successful girls getaway we thought we'd try again in a year's time.



That weekend landed on my birthday and we booked a cabin on Salt Spring Island.  I was unusually tired heading towards this weekend and was also involved in a churchwide fast, so I was feeling pretty apprehensive and not really wanting to go. 
At all.
My heart and mind were somewhere else and my body was barely keeping up with looking after Mom & Dad while Elsie was away for a week. 

However, when you plan a trip with 3 others and dates are booked off etc., it's kind of hard to slam on the breaks.  But I probably should have.  It's wisdom to listen to one's heart and body, but sometimes the fear of letting others down pushes us in the wrong direction.
Anyways... I decided to push through.
So Leanne & I loaded up the car and set off through the mountains, enjoying our uninterrupted together time and the exquisite scenery. Such a perfect day with blue skies and clear roads.


We landed at Brooksdale to pick up Patrice and Leanne got a tour of the gorgeous and peaceful property. 


Such a beautiful place to visit and such a wonderful place for Patrice to call "home".
I'm forever thankful to God for His guiding hand.


Also grateful for Leanne's easygoing friendship and good sense of humour over the many years.
We've really needed to see the bright and funny side of life as we have both experienced some very real and hard times.


Since it was the day before my actual birthday, Daniel made the effort to join us for supper despite an unusually heavy university schedule and we had a wonderful time eating some very delicious food and just being together.
Just being together... those words take on more meaning as life unfolds and you realize the importance and value of relationships.

Nicole was camping with a friend after finishing her finals so she couldn't join us.


It was an amazing gift to be with both of my kids.
How did this even happen to me?
The treasure of grown adults being kids and friends and stellar human beings.


Lots of prayer has happened in these years
 Always gratitude and glory to the Father who gives good gifts to His beloved children.



No comments: