Friday, April 27, 2018

An Animal Farm



We arrived at our little Salt Spring holiday/farm cabin after two ferry rides.
  We just missed the second ferry so we had a two hour wait at the terminal.

The day was lovely and sunny with a forecast of rain so it was a little unfortunate to spend it traveling but we are a resilient bunch! 


We were welcomed by all sorts of friendly animals which was such a delight.


The sheep were particularly enjoyable as there were lambs and lots of bleating going on.




The ram made an unbelievably strange sound - kind of like a screaming belch.
Who knew?


He was affectionately named "Butt-Head" by the resident farmers.


The cabin was cozy, overlooking the ocean with a hot tub and fire pit available for our use.


Unfortunately the bed was VERY high for me to try to vault onto so the girls sprang into motion and rearranged the mattresses so that I would be able to get on and off the bed without injuring myself. 
These girls are absolutely amazing.

So nice to have a team to come to my rescue! (Although I DEARLY wish I wouldn't have to be the awkward one creating so many complications firstly in finding a spot and then so much work for a simple weekend away.)

After we re-arranged the bed situation, I was finding the bathroom quite difficult to navigate despite having the owners install a bar beside the very low toilet.  This is always a bit of a nightmare for me, as I have to call Patrice to make sure I make it off the toilet and onto my wheelchair instead of onto the floor. 

At one point Leanne looked at me and said "Well, let's just suck the marrow out of this holiday because we are NEVER doing this again!"

The long travels and awkward arrangements for a two night stay seemed a little over the top so we'll try something simpler next time.


The evening was cool so we gathered around the fire and made some plans for our second annual girls glamp-out. 



I like Leanne so very much.
She is a safe friend.
She is a realist and says it like it is.
She is also a valiant overcomer so I always know I have someone I can count on to make the best of things "in spite of..."

I also like our girls so very much.
They are in for the long haul because they can't very well dump their mothers, but they also actually like hanging out with us.

Also - mental note: I'll try to stay away from my birthday weekend as it was overwhelming to travel and settle in on what felt like a hard day.

Thank goodness there is always tomorrow and every cloud has a silver lining.




No comments: