Wednesday, October 4, 2017

When Family is still Family



This year there are still so many apples on the trees right into the month of October!



I'm loving it and the drives up and down the hill are bright and beautiful and there is a sweet fragrance wafting through my windows when they are open. 


Oh I'm so grateful for eyes to behold this gorgeousness and tastebuds to enjoy the burst of juicy flavour when I bite into one of these beauties!


Today I had some fun visitors who were hoping to collect some apples.


Thankfully my dear niece Corinne refuses to fade from my life, even though our paths don't cross much anymore.


She brings her little darlings over and makes sure that they know who I am and that we have some sweet times together.
There is something in this act that touches my heart very deeply.


I think I too easily let precious things slip away when it feels too complicated, as things tend to do, when there has been a marital break-up.
So I"m glad that Cori isn't letting herself, or her kids slip away from me.
God is so very gentle and kind with my heart. 


So these girls run eagerly up to me and jump up on my lap, hoping for another Choo Choo train ride down the driveway. 


It's a great work out and so much fun! 


Healthy for my heart on every level...


Trevor, Cori's husband, has always been very kind to me as well and I feel accepted and loved by them all.


I want to do that for people.
Simple kindness and love. 
Cori and Trevor do that very, very well.


Fruit.
So very life-giving in the natural and In the spiritual.



And here is the beautiful sunset that closed off the day as I drove down the hill to pray with my peeps...




No comments: