Saturday, October 14, 2017

Get Away & Worship



In all the very many years I've known Dawn, we've never managed to get away together, but somehow this past weekend everything aligned and we did it! 
Look how happy this made us...



We left behind all of our responsibility, jumped in my little red car and zoomed over the snow covered mountains to the coast. 
(Alas, I was driving, so no pictures - but trust me, the golden fall leaves against the snowdusted evergreens were stunning!!) 



After arriving at our hotel we rested in our incredibly spacious room and enjoyed the cookies that were given to us at the front desk.
We took an immediate liking to this particular hotel chain. 



We attended a couple of sessions of a Vineyard Conference in Langley which was very rich and wonderful.
I find such release in long sessions of worship where I am able to focus on Jesus, pour out my gratitude and praise to Him and enter in to a deep intercession.
These past few years have been a season where I have been blessed with being part of a community where I am surrounded by people who wholeheartedly love to worship and pray.
There is an added bonus in that there are a multitude of amazing musicians and worship leaders in the Vineyard that I am a part of - serious talent! 


There was an open communion table which I frequented, revelling in the amazing gift of salvation, grace, healing and wholeness that is found in this simple meal of remembrance.
Such a beautiful invitation. 

The focus seemed to be on the theme of "humility"
Here are a few of the notes that I jotted down...
"Humility is seeing our weakness and not have it bother us.
Humility is learned in relationships.
Humility is learned in temptation. 
Our response to sin and failure reveals a lot to us...
What you resist in temptation is not the temptation, but the enemy .
Lord, meet me in my weakness...




"The centre of the Kingdom is not the church, it's Jesus

The end game is love - not power

Embrace living the gospel, live the teachings, don't just do the deeds

We need to learn sharing VS giving - thereby avoiding the pitfalls of co-dependency" 


I was also able to pick up Marcy for the final worship evening since we were about 20 minutes away from where she lives and she was home alone that evening!
Win - win!!


Even though I couldn't enjoy the pool, Patrice came and spent a couple of nights with us and she brought an extra bathing suit for Dawn so they could hang out in the hot tub one evening.

The beds and all the pillows made us feel like we were sleeping on a giant marshmallow - not so great for the posture, but pretty cozy and comfy!


Then there were the breakfasts...


special drinks, waffles, omlettes, cereal, fruit, yoghurt.
We were pretty much in heaven.
I, who am not usually a breakfast eater, suddenly became a very big fan of that very meal.
I would go to bed at night eagerly awaiting the next morning's buffet. 
My tight pants can attest to this. 


It was such a treat to hang out with Patrice and Dawn and to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this particular little get-away.




No comments: