Thursday, October 26, 2017

Ohhhh October



This month.
I think it is the most beautiful of all.
I drive around in awe and wonder, worship and gratitude welling up from deep within.
I am so glad that I have God - THE  awesome Creator and Artist to worship in response to what I am seeing.
The colours are rich and deep, a kaleidoscope of glory. 

Interesting how winter, often signifying death, is preceded by such exquisite splendour.
 I try not to think too much about the dark, cold season that is just around the corner as I enjoy the panorama of changing hues.


It makes any trip into town a gorgeous adventure, especially when I end up in a cozy cafe with a sweet friend.
Notice my attempt at health - matcha made delicious with some chai. 


After a lovely visit I jumped into my car and look who drove by making my day even brighter!  


Elsie had taken mom to her eye appointment which was on the same street so I got a sweet little peek into their day. 


My dear friend who is a missionary in Turkey is home supporting her sister who is sick so I got to have a little prayer visit with her in the car as we sat looking out at the lake. 
Love and loveliness inside and outside my little red chariot.


Joanna and her new husband Connor came up for a visit and to collect some apples.
So fun to see her moving through her life seasons and to be a part of that journey.



The changing leaves provide a perfect backdrop for photo ops of all sorts!


And the restless October skies have made the season even more exquisite.


Breathtaking beauty.



Light and shadows and everything in between.


How can I be so blessed to live here and to have eyes to take in this glory?!


The earth and sky shouts praises to God! 
Can hardly believe that this is simply a shadow of what is to come...


And there is always this cute guy making cameo appearances in photos.


I can't help it.
Those big brown eyes and that gentle nature.


Elsie and her little Pupcake also provide many perfect photo opportunities.
Here she wearing her new mandolin on her back -  it was a very late 60th birthday gift. 
Excited to make music with her on it.


These pictures were taken on an October outing up to Knox Mountain.


Mom loved watching the clouds blow across the sky revealing the beautiful blue sky.


It was such a lovely day to be out driving and the lake was such a stunning blue.
I know that I put an awful lot of photos into this one post, but it's just hard to know which ones to pick as they make my heart so happy.
Somehow color and light is so nurturing so I will keep snapping photos and making space for them here so I can look back at my beautiful world when the days are feeling darker.


Had to move my succulents inside as the weather was getting pretty cold by the end of October.


They make my back entry look so cheerful as I bid farewell to my summer garden and get ready for a new cozier season inside. 
Sigh.

No comments: