Monday, October 16, 2017

Bright Brilliant and Beautiful



The clouds and rain vanished by Sunday morning so we had a spectacular sunny day to head over to A Rocha where Patrice is now living and working.


I am so filled with gratitude that my precious girl has found a place to live out her values while surrounded by amazing community.


These are the signs that welcome you onto the property in South Surrey.
A little haven of loveliness.
Patrice gave Dawn a  personalized tour of the land.


It's not only incredibly beautiful, but it's a place that is actually taking environmental issues and the stewardship of our land seriously and making a difference.
Every single day.


There are some glorious splashes of color from a flower bed right next to the garden.


There are gardens and a farm are where interns come to learn and work, there is a wood fire bakery they recently built, there is the barn which is useful for "farmy" things as well as for hosting big gatherings and there are the living spaces.
They are presently in the process of raising funds to refurbish the big, old, beautiful barn.


And here is the "coach house" where Patrice is presently living.  


She is sharing a room in this cool old building that houses staff as well as interns.
Not perfect for someone who loves a lot of "alone" time but do-able!
I've never been up there, but Dawn kindly took the picture for me.


There is an interesting story about some rich fellow who built this place for his wife in the early 1900's, but the details are sketchy in my mind so I won't try to give the full history here.


After touring the farm we went to Crescent Beach for a walk in the crisp fall air.
So refreshing to be near the ocean; hearing the gulls and smelling the salty air.


Such a treat for me to see Patrice's corner of the world and the places that she now frequents.


She is right at home here and I am so very, very happy for her.
As much as I miss her, I would far rather see her living out her destiny than just keeping me company in Kelowna!


So much life and activity.
Lots of people were out enjoying the sunny Sunday afternoon.
These guys were fishing and catching some crabs.


We then headed down to the pier in Whiterock where we had arranged to meet Daniel and Nicole.


I was SO EXCITED to be with all of my kids in their new world!
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to check out their new home in downtown Vancouver, but we'll do that another time.

 

These three treasures of my heart.
All grown up and moved away, but doing well.
I am trusting them into God's capable hands.


Plus, now I have three really great excuses to get to the coast more often and to enjoy times and sights like this!


So easy to point the camera in virtually ANY direction and get a gorgeous shot.
The cloud formations were amazing. 


Whiterock was so pretty and we got to enjoy an incredible sunset.


Once again, the heavens declaring the glory of God.
It just never gets old.


The island off in the distance was shrouded in misty clouds.


AND, as an over the top bonus, we got a really nice family picture, which always makes my heart very happy.


For supper we went to a place Patrice likes called "The Wooden Spoon" which served up one of the best burgers I have ever tasted.
During the meal we were invited to play a game of Bingo which was kind of loud and kind of fun.


Especially when Patrice won one of the rounds and we got to enjoy a free dessert. 


Daniel also won the black out along with someone else so they had to play rock - paper - scissors to choose the final winner.
Sadly, it wasn't Daniel.
I would have loved to have tasted another of their rather stellar desserts.


I figure they should have just chosen the tallest contestant to be the winner, but it was not to be.

We had to content ourselves with one dessert. 


No comments: