Sunday, September 17, 2017

Rouladen and So Much More




This Sunday started out a little rough.
I couldn't muster the energy to get out of bed for church and a headache kicked in for good measure so I knew I needed to lay low and do some self care.


I've been on a roll these past few days - getting lots done but apparently doing too much for this broken body to cope with.
I must be kind to my my 55 year old self which is struggling to keep up with my extroverted, eager to help personality.

However, I have been having fun and getting things done and thankfully I rallied by the afternoon so I could attend a dinner party hosted by Donara.
We were going to sit on the deck overlooking the lake, but the evening was a tad too cool.



The indoor view is pretty spectacular so I decided not to complain. 
Instead I sat at this lovely piano and played some hymns while admiring God's handiwork.
The beautiful valley spread out before me and my heart felt such peace.
His mercy and grace pursues me.


Little Golda was eager to show me her new necklace!



We cracked her up with some of our jokes...


She didn't find all of them amusing though.  
Haha.  
What a sweet puppy she is. 


We were treated to such a delicious meal - roulanden and mashed potatoes.
Good German fare! 


There is such comfort around a shared meal with trusted friends who are all having a hard journey on some level.
So much overcoming,
So much kindness and love.
The refiner's fire produces beautiful gold if we allow it to do it's good work.
All of these ladies are doing that. 
Keeping their eyes fixed on the prize.
Jesus...


We watched a movie on a screen that conveniently popped out of the ceiling over the fireplace.  
"The Kindness Diaries."



So incredibly inspiring and beautiful.  
I need to pray for eyes to see the opportunities that surround me.
Opportunities to show kindness whenever possible. 
Help me dear Jesus...




Here's the group shot including Golda, just because. 


No comments: