Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Desires of His Heart


I was just laying here meditating on Psalm 71 when I started thinking about some sweet experiences I had with the Lord while in Israel.

One evening we went to a Messianic church in Jerusalem and we were able to enjoy an extensive time of worship and intercession.  The message was about our unwillingness to really take the TIME to connect with the Lord - how we allow distractions to pull us away from extended times of prayer.


So, right there in church, they proclaimed that this was the time and we began to enter in.  I felt such ease and unction in prayer and I began to lift up as many people as crossed my mind before the Lord. By name, I listed the names of family members, friends and each of their children. I had such faith to pray for God to move in all of these lives.  It was marvellous.

There is just something so powerful about corporate prayer and worship.  It brings the tangible presence of God and increases our faith.

I was thanking God for allowing me the privilege of coming to Israel for the Gathering and just to see and experience the Holy Land, when I suddenly felt like he said to me "ThankYOU for coming".

Oh my word, completely undone.
I thought it was all about me just wanting to be there and Him granting me this request and suddenly He spoke those precious words.  It added a whole new dimension to the experience and I'm oh so grateful for a God who gives us the desires of His heart...


No comments: