Friday, May 30, 2014

It's been a Merry May



Allergy season is in full swing and I've been trying to stay away from too much sugar, but today I broke down and fixed myself a lovely chai latte with cinnamon on top!  Oh yeah…  We've had a few rainy blustery days mixed in with the sunny ones and hot tea is just the thing on those days.  And this?  Is a Morel Mushroom that Patrice found outside.  She fried up this little delicacy and it was outrageously delicious.  She just makes my life so much more exciting on so many levels!


I'm enjoying my days at school but I'm getting close to the finish line with most of my students.  I love having that little destination four mornings a week.  The kids are so sweet and the staff at the school are great.  Such a gift from God to have that place to go to and to give my week structure.  And this week I branched out a little and did a section of Luke for the Grade 9 class along with a "mini-seminar" to give them the basics of the memory technique I learned.

I only learned AFTER the class that there's a group in that particular class that makes everybody else feel stupid so I had VERY little response when I asked for volunteers etc.  So, that was an exhausting experience, but the Word of God is living and active… it went out and won't return void.  I'm grateful for opportunities to put to practice this skill and to just put the WORD out there.  I don't want to lose the stories and I find that they can get pretty sketchy when I don't review them often enough.  

And on that note, here's a picture of my sister.  Haha - Oma and I had tea with her recently and I took some pictures of her as I just can't resist her beauty.  And little Pupcake, of course!


And some beach time was spent with this friend. 


Oh ya, there was an amazing dance performance put on by Creator's and Patrice and Beth and Becca were in it!




And Patrice and I have had some fun adventures this Spring.
A day trip to Penticton where we celebrated the event with a dinner at a fun little Greek restaurant.

And last night, a hike along the lakeside to the dog park where the puppies played with great joy.





No comments: