Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dandelion Carpets


I am delighting in this Season… my drives to and from school and through the city are filled with such incredible beauty.
Rows of blossoming fruit trees arching over carpets of lush green grass covered with cheerful yellow dandelions.  
Lilac bushes bursting into bloom… 
Colour and fragrance everywhere.


It's outrageous, really!  
That I live here and get to enjoy this sweet season after a winter of warmth.  How my God spoils me…


The days are bright and they are getting longer and longer.
Ahhhh, my quest for light and warmth is fulfilled here, now!

School is wonderful and the freedom this job affords me is another gift.
I love the kids, I love the staff and I love my little work space.

And yet, in all of this there is a restlessness inside of me.
As much as I have so many friends and fellowship opportunities, I feel lonely.

Having experienced something this winter that was so much bigger than I am, that challenged me in huge ways and that stretched me further than I wanted to be stretched was a gift - an open door and so I sit on a threshold.
Wondering…
How do I walk away from that experience and utilize what God has given me?
What now?

I work so much better in community and when I'm here it's hard to put myself "out there"…
To ask for opportunities and to follow through.
I have loved speaking to the Grade 1 and 2 classes and have been well received, but I backed out of taking a school chapel and teaching some kids to memorize because it just feels overwhelming to take it all in hand on my own.

So I pray for wisdom and guidance.
Waiting for that voice behind me that will say  "this is the way, walk in it". 

I will continue to wait on God.
To faithfully serve Him day by day and love Him here and now.
Trusting for Him to look after my tomorrows.




No comments: