Thursday, March 20, 2014

Restoring God's Honor


We were invited to Vae and Julie's house for supper the other night and I had a great visit with Vae - a big, handsome, loving Samoan man who serves God with all his heart along with his wife in full time missions.

He was commenting on my presentation the other night at the Ohana Court.  The time when I felt like I was maybe a bit over the top and bigger than life in presenting some Luke. (Mary & Martha etc.)

When he saw me up there reciting the Word of God, he said he heard God say  "Karen has restored my dignity and my honour in front of the brethren.  The enemy's fight is to destroy my dignity and my honour and the fame of my name in front of all the nations and Karen has restored that and therefore I win the battle tonight.  I have already won, but I win the battle in front of all these crowds.  The enemy will never accuse me that I am an unjust God."

I was deeply touched by these words.
So encouraged and amazed that it matters on a bigger level than I ever thought.
The fact that I came back here to the place where my life was turned upside down and inside out as a result of being hit by a drunk driver, without accusing God and I am sitting and loving Him from this chair is significant.

So often, what we're about is so much bigger than we can imagine and small acts of obedience add up and matter in a big way to God.

I'm grateful that God has allowed me the privilege of coming back here, even with all the difficulties I've faced here physically, and even with the struggle I've had fighting off the lies of the enemy concerning my life, and of testifying to His goodness.

Just little old me, broken and in a wheelchair with a crooked back.
A cracked vessel holding an incredibly precious treasure…
The Spirit of the Living God lives in me and helps me to restore honour to my Father's Name.

No comments: