Friday, March 7, 2014

A Key


This week we've been memorizing some cool stories like the woman at the well and the healing of the paralyzed man along with the Beatitudes - the Luke version, called the Sermon on the Plain.

Lots of Words - they are powerful and they pack a PUNCH, but oh, there is a lot of repetition of concepts with variations which make that passage HARD TO MEMORIZE!

So, our speaker this week Jessica, is a classically trained actress from Britain, and one morning while we were having worship before class she encouraged those of us who felt "heavy" and who felt like we needed a breakthrough to come forward.

I wrestled with God, because I am kind of tired of being the "problem child" who needs so much help around here physically and encouragement because of my memory.  So. I wanted the prayer but I sure didn't want to go forward - AGAIN!

But God won and I went forward, followed by lots of others.  The speaker spoke to me when I came forward and said as she had been praying for me during her jet lagged night the Lord told her that I had dropped a key and that I needed to pick it up again - and the key was called "I CAN".

I guess I've been using too many excuses and not speaking in agreement with God's plans over myself and my life.  So I took the key and repented and am starting fresh.

Hear me  " I CAN!!!"

And interestingly, when I was a very little girl, those are words that often came out of my mouth!  =)  I was an independent little critter from the get go and loved doing things by myself.  Since then I have obviously let circumstances influence my thought processes concerning myself and what I am able to accomplish.

But now there is a slight variation in the understanding of that phrase as I say it - because I surely know that it is only through Christ Jesus that I can do all things through Him who strengthens ME.

Cool eh?

And then this morning I was chosen to be the last to present our most recent memorized section (right before lunch when everyone is the most tired) and I did well AND I had fun doing it.

YEAH GOD!  I love Friday afternoons after I finish my presentation.


No comments: