Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Hammock!


Had an amazing day at the ocean with my classmates and I got to lay in a hammock and look up at the blue sky and green leaves.
BEST DAY IN HAWAII!


One of my sweet classmates Peter, who feels like a son to me, has been a superstar for me out here.  He lifts me up like it's no big deal and pops in and out of cars making my life so much easier!  (After Rafael left for Brazil, Peter took over)  And then he popped me into a HAMMOCK!  And I felt so happy and comfy in there.  



Here we are side by side enjoying the beautiful scenery.  And below is a picture of my other "adopted" son Anthony playing his guitar in the hammock. 


 We had such a nice day just visiting on the beach and it was so great for me to not be on sand, but on the grass where I could move about more easily.


This crowd of people?  All superstars - I can hardly believe God allowed me to be in a class with so many incredibly amazing and wonderful people.  I love them all so very much.


And I played a little bit of Ukelele since I was on the beach in Hawaii and everything.  Anthony has been so lovely to teach me how to figure out chords and to play a little. 


He has become a very dear friend and it has amazed me that these young men genuinely seem to like being with me.  They have blessed me in ways I couldn't have imagined and the love I felt here through the body of Christ has overwhelmed me. 


Somehow all my lonely days at the campus melted away as I was able to be with my classmates and enjoy the sweet camaraderie that has developed between us as we have learned a little bit of Luke…

And the day ended with dinner at Lava Java with Anita and some Go Center Friends.  We all prayed together afterwards and when they prayed for me I literally felt like I was cocooned in love.  My spasms continued as they prayed for healing, but nothing really mattered because God showed up and His love overwhelmed me. 

The Love of God carries me.  


No comments: