Friday, March 14, 2014

Ohana Court ETC


Amazing times here in Hawaii.
I'm still LOVING waking to the beautiful birdsongs outside our window and seeing the bright blue ocean and sky and green palms and colourful flowers as I am wheeled down the hill to my classroom every morning.

This week was a mixture - the best of times and the worst of times, so to speak.
I was preparing to do a presentation in front of the Ohana Court (read - LARGE AUDIENCE) and I was dealing with migraines all while trying to memorize the last section of Luke.

The last section has been FUN to memorize because it's the birth and baptism of Jesus and I must say that the story has never been quite so alive and amazing to me.  I just LOVE this style of memorizing as it forces a beautiful form of meditation.  The repetitions of the lines turn into this layered understanding that becomes multidimensional and powerful.

So, in the midst of everything, the presentation at Ohana Court went WELL!  I was able to wear a mic that left my hands free to do all the expressive stuff that makes the words come alive.  And the lights were so incredibly BRIGHT that I couldn't see faces so I was in my own little world enjoying doing accents and bringing life to the words in Luke 13 and 17.  The story of Mary and Martha, the ASK & RECEIVE teaching, and the rich greedy farmer story.  My sweet German classmate Suse followed me with the teaching about the Ravens and flowers of the field and teaching about NO NEED TO WORRY!  Amen to that.


Even Loren Cunningham drove by me today and called out encouragement to me!  Such a blessing to hear that from him.  I didn't know he was going to be in the audience.  Other people have been very affirming as well which is super encouraging, because there is something very vulnerable about putting yourself out there with so much energy and passion as you present the WORD.

And I was challenged this week through our times of class intercession as Suse Childer's shared the work of Voice for the Voiceless, and her specific most recent journey to Congo where she saw the pressing need for help, food, ministry, encouragement amongst the dear Congolese and Pygmy people.  I was brought to tears as I saw their poverty and beauty and I thought about my extravagant life and focus on strengthening my own financial security.  Oh Jesus, keep my heart soft and remind me often of the poor.  Help me to be wise and generous.

I understood in a fresh way the call and vision of YWAM to reach the unreached people groups and to bring encouragement and hope to places by sending teams and help, even just for short time periods. It really does make a difference.

I've been challenged and blessed and filled and encouraged here.

So, gratefulness fills my heart to Jesus as I finish this race.  He has been my help through it all and I am amazed to see what is possible when you "roll out" in faith.




No comments: