Monday, October 7, 2013

Like a Good Movie


Sometimes when I'm laying here in my bed,
as I do much of every day,
I stop and think how amazing my life is.
How blessed I am to have three beautiful young women (and two very special doggies) living their lives around and with me.
I hear their laughter in the kitchen as they discuss foods or their day or any other number of fascinating things.
Usually it's a far off mumble and I don't know exactly what is being said, but I just love the hum of voices and laughter that makes it's way back to my room.

I kind of feel like I'm in a movie when I realize how amazing all of this is.
How great these gals are, even if we all do life a little bit (or a lot) differently.

We're enough the same that we enjoy each other and share this place we all call home rather well. And we're different enough to add flavour and fun and some healthy stretching.

The morning greetings as one is leaving for work and one is emerging sleepily from their nest downstairs...
The delicious smells created as cooking and creativity collide in the kitchen.
The ever busy Vitamix blending some kind of very healthy drink.
The shared television shows or movies.
(Three of us just had a Pride & Prejudice marathon the other day because one was home sick and it was one of those cloudy, cool, fall movie days)

The constant enjoyment of and love for Moose and Ladybug that we all talk about pretty much all the time.

It's just really lovely and I"m so very grateful for all of us "little women" dwelling in this house wher God is welcome and helps us to get along.

Tonight three of us are off to a concert in town so the movie will have a cool sound track ...


No comments: