Saturday, October 19, 2013

That Loneliness




It was a gentle, slow Saturday.
I knew there was a ladies retreat happening nearby this weekend,
But there was no pull.
I was happy to be home.
Lazing in bed,
Reading the Word, visiting on the phone
Enjoying the fall colors outside my big window,
Highlighted by the beautiful sunshine.



Showering, laundry,
Making a smoothie
and cleaning the kitchen.

Catching up on bookkeeping
Satisfied when the numbers balanced
Hit the backup and I'm good for another month.

Saturday evening was small but sweet.
Good friends,
Good food.
Comfort.

A loneliness settling onto me when the house is empty and all is quiet.
And I want to busy myself with something...
But
He calls gently to my spirit.
This divine loneliness is not new to me,

I don't want to waste it, although it's easily done.
There is a sad discomfort that I have to push through.
The curtains that veil my Lover, my Friend.

The silence.
The waiting.
The trusting.

All for love, for Him.
For something unearthly
and Golden...







No comments: