Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Nudges


This morning I was checking Facebook before heading off to school.
I noticed the birthday of an acquaintance and I felt to ignore it, as sometimes it all feels a little silly to be writing Birthday Greetings to people you hardly know...

But there was a nudge and I thought it would matter to this precious soul.
So I typed something kind of fun and I dug a little deeper to add some meaningful.

I have ignored plenty of nudges in my life, but I pray that I will get more and more obedient.  Because the extra minute that it took for me to type some love into the little box made a difference.

This dear lady doesn't have the easiest life as far as I can see.
We've had a few interactions over the years, but somehow they always really seem to matter to her.  And her sweetness always touches me.

So when I next checked my computer this was the reply:

"Thanks, you're so special to me too.  This made me cry."

So, as small as many of my "contributions of kindness" in a day can feel, all that matters is obedience and faith expressing itself in love.

I can do that.

Because it really matters to feel loved.  To all of us, all of the time.

And I have been given much...


No comments: