Saturday, September 28, 2013

Prayer at the Park


I almost didn't go.
The day looked ominous - cold and cloudy.
And I hate being cold.
The retreat was to be outdoors, at a park on the lake.
But memories of our last contemplative retreat drove me on...
Knowing I would have a specific amazing encounter with the Lord.
It would be so worth it,


So I DID!  And it was AMAZING!
So very worth it.
HE was so present.
The earth was pulsating with His life,
The Wind, the Waves, The Earthy Smells,
The Birds and Chipmunks, The Rustling Leaves.
The rough gnarly bark on the towering pines.
The rays of warm sunlight breaking through the clouds and warming my back.

Oh my word.
HIS WORD BECAME LIFE.
He literally spoke all of what I saw into existence and it was GOOD!

So in my meditation upon Genesis I was struck with a thought fairly early on and I didn't make it through the entire reading.
I got what I needed and more right in the first couple of verses.

"but the Spirit of God was moving"

and the next profound thought came with part of the following verse...

"and He separated the darkness from the light"


So there are situations in the lives of my family and loved ones where I am believing and praying for the Spirit of God to be moving... and I pray also that HE WILL separate the darkness from the light.

I am waiting and expectant.



No comments: