Monday, October 21, 2013

Applied & Accepted


I don't know if I've mentioned here that I have applied for a school in Hawaii this winter.
For reals...
With fear and trepidation and excitement.



So, before I did so I made the rounds of making sure it was ok with people.
Like my Mom, and my brother.
And work.
That one was a big hurdle.
They didn't like it last winter when I took off for 12 days!!

So, for the number of hours a week I work and for how much I'm paid I was willing to go back to volunteering this year to be able to provide myself with an open door.
However, the Lord provided it for me, through my superior, Leah who went all out for me.
And I'm still on payroll.
She makes me feel so loved and cared for there at the school.
God just keeps me covered in so many ways.
He is seriously on my side.

At first I was hoping Patrice would come along and do some volunteering there, but she's staying home and I think I'm already missing her.

I've never done anything this big on my own since going away to Bible School when I was 18.
Especially since I'm so much more paralyzed when I travel.
I'm full of alot of questions and apprehensions.
But this is what faith looks like for me right now.

So I'm holding this all with loose hands.
Don't wanna go if I'm not supposed to be there.

However, on the other hand, I feel like I'm fulfilling a dream which has been waiting in my heart for many years.
Going to scout out the land in a sense and the Lord has provided a friend who is not afraid to ask questions on my behalf and figure things out with me.

So I'm not completely alone, I just won't have family with me which feels really odd.
I've been accepted to a school called Word by Heart which will involve a TON OF MEMORIZING.
Which takes a ton of faith.  Hah!

Anyways, I've read somewhere that anything is possible for those who believe!
So, I BELIEVE!

And if it works out this winter... if we can get the logistics sorted out and there is a place for me there... maybe I can go again someday.  And again...

Cause winter and wheelchairs and cold and my body don't all really get along that well.
Three months in a warm place during the winter would be outrageously wonderful.
I'm thinking, and hoping.
And praying and waiting.
(And dreaming...)




No comments: