Monday, March 5, 2012

This Day is DONE


I was teaching this morning when I answered my ringing cell phone.
Just in case. (Not the best policy but so very few people call my cell that it's usually important)
And I'm so glad I did.
The dentist was slipping me in for a cleaning and to check an aching tooth.
I'm always happy to get ugly uncomfortable things OUT OF The WAY so I jumped at the opportunity and headed to the office for the next THREE HOURS...

The cleaning was pretty standard and I had a sweet dental assistant to scrub my "beautiful teeth" clean. She really liked my teeth. Ha! I like my teeth too. Especially when they don't throb and ache while I eat.
I just endured, trying to make sure I'm wasn't clasping my hands too tight.

The dentist came in, looked at the x-rays and kindly decided he had time to fix my problem tooth.
A root canal was necessary so the torture continued.
Big needle, frozen half a face, rubber tent over my mouth and that feeling of choking due to an inability to swallow properly due to the contraption on my face.
I gripped the little suction wand while the digging and grinding and tamping and waiting occurred. I kept thinking it was almost over. But it wasn't.
My jaw ached from holding it open so wide and I had already come to the office with a very sore neck making me want to head straight to the chiropractor's. But I didn't.
I crawled out of the chair with my new giant filling and huge tongue.
I just wanted to go to sleep somewhere fast and was so happy to crawl into bed with my heat bags and try to disappear.
The pain in my neck turned into a wicked migraine a few hours later and after getting sick and moaning and groaning the medication finally kicked in and I could relax without pain.
Ahhh. Sweet relief and so much gratefulness for dentists, and medications and beds and a sweet daughter who was so kind.

You don't appreciate normal till you feel lousy.
I'm so glad to feel good again.

And now that March is here, the weather has gotten almost balmy!
Seriously, snow mostly melted and warm days.

No comments: