Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Flavours



MmmmmMmmmm!!
Just cooked up a big bowl of delicious butternut squash soup.
Garlic, Onions, Celery & Carrots fried up in butter
Chicken Stock with butternut squash blended in, cumin & paprika
Tastes like a warm welcome to fall...


I should really make an apple crumble for dessert
To round out the flavour of harvest around here.

On my way home from school, on this cool and rainy day I stopped at an orchard where all kinds of garden produce was standing in bins and on tables in the garage for sale.
I happily drove off with my giant squash, peppers, tomatoes, onions, corn, and peaches.


Having my own little private thanksgiving here minus the turkey.
I truly am grateful.
And I have a house full of lovely girls to share the soup with tonight.
Doubly grateful.
Now I just have to bake up a batch of cheesy biscuits and the meal will be complete.


No comments: