Monday, September 12, 2011

Changing Seasons


It's nearing the middle of September.
Not officially fall yet, but a new season has definitely begun.
Kids are back in school and I must be careful driving through those school zones!
Amazed, yet not, that I have no school aged children to drive around.
I miss the comfort of those predictable scheduled days.

Soon I will be back in school teaching, but not quite yet.
I could just leap in and get things started,
But somehow I am moving very slowly and putting it off.
Finding other things to do while I gather courage and strength.

The darkness descends earlier and the days are shorter.
Colorful apples are hanging in abundance on the trees.
Big red boxes stand beneath the trees outside my home,
waiting for the apples to be completely ripe.
A huge full moon brightens the cool night sky.
Northern Lights thrilled us with a free showing and
I sat outside in my pajamas to watch.

Each bedroom in the house is full.
God has answered my prayer and sent life and laughter and activity.
I just had three lovelies come into my room
Their hair wrapped in plastic bags
Their faces covered in egg mix
Eager to share their beauty secrets so that my face could also
Have a "lift".
It's feeling dry and crackly.

Even my girl is here, finding her way and finding life.

There is grace for this season.
Adjustments to adjust to...
like a married son in town with his dear wife
and getting invited to their house for supper.
Family that needs me for adventures and outings.
I'm the cream cheese in the middle,
feeling a little squished and unsure of my flavoring right now
But I'm dwelling in the land and cultivating faithfulness.



And thanking God that I get to dwell in such a very lovely land.
Lots to be thankful for.

No comments: