Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dwelling


A word the Lord spoke to me recently was

"Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness..."

I finally found that verse tucked into the beautiful prose of Psalm 37.
Altogether a very satisfying and comforting read
full of all kinds of amazing advice...

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him"

"Trust in the Lord and do good"

"He will bring forth your righteousness as the light"

"Fret not..."

"The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way
When he falls he shall not be hurled headlong
Because the Lord is the one who holds his hand"

Oh my goodness - it's just all so delicious and so wonderful.
He holds my hand!!
He delights in MY way?!
He establishes my steps and those of my loved ones!
HE will bring forth my righteousness!

So, in this strange and quiet season I am trying to follow God's good Word.
I haven't started work yet.
My new teaching materials haven't even arrived.
I don't really have a proper work space set up to do the new teaching.
I'm feeling like I am 'accomplishing" so little but...

I am dwelling in the land and cultivating faithfulness
cause that's what He told me to do.

Meanwhile I rest in the Lord while enjoying the sunshine and breezes and kittens out on my back patio while I look out over the hills and down into the valley. I read good books. I cook a little bit and have coffee with friends. I visit with the dear girls in my home. I pray for my missionaries and arrange picnics at the beach for my family to enjoy. I spend time with my precious daughter. I run errands and take care of the business God has given me to tend. I am the center of something important and I don't want to wish away this beautiful season.

I want to bloom right now where He has planted me. Cultivate faithfulness.
Help me Jesus where I am missing the boat but help me not to fall overboard and drown in any kind of condemnation.

I am overwhelmed by the beauty that I get to drink in each and every single day
in this season of rest.
Simply OVERWHELMED!
The apples are getting big and colorful,
The rich season of harvest is upon us.

No comments: