Sunday, October 31, 2010

fantastic fall




Carpe Diem
Did it today.
Just grabbed the day and ran with it, and I'm so glad I did.
Wouldn't have wanted to miss this one!
The last day of October celebrated with my delightful new friend.

She's been here for the past month or so, a bonus brought here by the son's girlfriend - all the way from California.
Seeing as everybody in her world is busy with college or university and midterms etc. etc. I get to have her pretty much to myself which has been a delight!

We run errands, visiting all the way, making discoveries and sharing stories.
I feel incredibly accomplished and she's just plain happy to be out after having wrestled with illness for about two weeks of the past month.
A very sweet companion with the biggest brown eyes and most tender heart.
God has not sent me just one very fine housemate, but two.
Double portion fills my cup.

So today, after Metro we dropped off my old computer at Opa's and set it up for him. (Funny how I always say "we" when she really did all the work). Anyways, Opa declared he had a headache after his first computer lesson and told me NOT to order the telus internet connection. We'll see about that.

We snacked on leftovers in Oma's kitchen and ventured into the most beautiful fall afternoon imaginable.
The sky was blue, the air was calm and perfectly comfortable. Not even cold!

We sped off to Timmy's to grab some caffeine to perk up our sleepy bodies that were crying out for an afternoon siesta.
Some espresso in our icecaps cured our exhaustion and an adventure was underway.

The trees are exquisite this fall. Absolutely stunning. Breathtaking.
Words actually don't suffice.
We haven't had the 'big frost' followed by the 'big wind' so the trees have been holding onto their glory and we are daily drinking in their beauty.
The afternoon drive did not disappoint and we zoomed along enjoying the sights - Duck Lake, over the mountain to Okanagan Lake, Gray Monk winery, back to Woods Lake and finally my all time favorite park on Kalamalka Lake.


Oh my goodness! Even my sweet friend said she felt as thought she was walking into Narnia and that the park just needed a lamp post!


The yellow leaves lay thick on the green grass and the aqua lake sparkled in the sunlight. Golden leaves, red leaves, berries and lilly pads.


Meeting a complete stranger who soon became a friend that we prayed with; another lovely gift from the Father of lights.

Even a stop to buy fireworks for future fun extravaganzas!
And another stop to buy a delectable chocolate chunk layer cake to celebrate the end of a fantastic fall day. Covered with whipping cream later in the evening as we prepared to watch Shadowlands.

I'm grateful for this sweet season of unexpected friendship.
I'm just loving both my housemates for as long as the Lord lends them to me.

No comments: