Sunday, October 17, 2010

Something New

I was excited this morning to go to church.
Wow.
So I ventured off with a new housemate that is here temporarily and we went downtown to Metro. I am amazed that I have so quickly found what seems to be a new church home. God gave me what felt like permission to leave my last church home at the beginning of September and I thought I would spend some time visiting around, but after very little time and only one or two visits, I think I'm home.
I sit while all this life swirls around me in a rather cramped building downtown where people are encountering Jesus and sharing Jesus and loving Jesus.
Very simple really, and beautiful and raw and real.
I think my favorite time is "open mic" when people just get up and share what God is doing in their lives. So enlightening and encouraging.
Street people who are making good decisions.
People confessing addictions and others celebrating that they have been clean for 5 months.
People getting ready to walk down to the lake to testify through baptism that they have died to the old and are rising to their new life in Jesus.
On a cold fall morning!!
A young guy playing guitar and an older fellow in a scooter with a flag sticking out the back playing harmonica - leading us in worship to the King Eternal, Immortal and Invisible.
But I saw Him this morning.
In His beautiful creation.
Broken people full of eternal life because of Jesus.
It's an amazing miracle and I just need to be in this place because it helps me remember what is most important.
Thank you dear Jesus that you are real and people are meeting you every day.
You make them cry, you make them laugh, you fill them with hope and purpose.
You give me hope.
You are the beautiful One.

No comments: